Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring
Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring (LVP)
is fashionable, high-tech flooring that offers outstanding advantages to our
budget-conscious customers. In recent years, rapidly advancing high-tech processes
have transformed Vinyl sheet flooring into products that look like the real
thing and are available in several price points.
One significant change is that vinyl plank flooring no longer has to have
the look of perfection that has long been the giveaway that the products were
vinyl. Higher end LVP can effectively mimic distressed and antique floors, with
products designed to look like wood and stone, or tile, longer planks placed
irregularly give a look of authenticity. These products are now found in upscale homes and commercial spaces, a far
cry from Vinyl's origin as a homey, economical option plus they are easy to
clean and not easily damaged.
You can choose from many alternatives in look and construction. There is direct-glue
sheet flooring for durable performance and seamless appearance or you may prefer
luxury vinyl tile or luxury vinyl planks in floating constructions.
Benefits of Vinyl
- Available in a fabulous assortment of designs, colors, and textures,
Vinyl flooring brings you exciting new styles that create beautiful rooms.
- This type of floor is moisture resistant, impervious to most stains,
and easy to clean.
- Vinyl flooring does not need to be waxed, its top layer is made to stay
- Heavy traffic is no problem because these floors not only handle lots
of activity, they're actually resistant to scratches.
- Vinyl flooring is flexible and comfortable underfoot and there's less
breakage when items are dropped
- The price tag is usually a very pleasant surprise.
Luxury Vinyl Flooring Manufacturers
Vinyl Flooring Types
- Floating vinyl plank is installed as a floating floor with a pad attached to the plank. Typically used for residential. This is also a waterproof floor!
- Glue Down
- Glue down vinyl plank is used for both commercial and residential installations. It is a wood look that typically is 6x36 up to 8x48 in size. You must have a flat surface, sub-floor prior to installation.
Care & Maintenance of Vinyl Flooring
Although Vinyl floors are highly durable and easy-care, all floors need a
bit of routine maintenance to keep them looking new longer. Please be sure to
reference your Vinyl floor warranty for specific care requirements! For your
general information, however, here are some basic tips and facts:
- As needed, sweep your floor to remove dirt and grit.
- Wipe spills promptly.
- Mop occasionally using a special cleaner we can recommend-just ask your
sales associate for guidance.
- Avoid using detergent or soap-based products, which will dim the shine.
- Most Vinyl floors have finishes that do not require additional buffing,
shining, or waxing-these actions, in fact, might harm the finish.
- Vinyl floors can be slippery when wet, so use caution when walking on
them after mopping.