Carpet & Carpet Tiles
Carpet has many things
going for it. It is soft, warm, quiet, and is an excellent value for the
price. Created by leading design professionals who know color, pattern and
trends, our carpet presents a world of wonderful solutions for your home or
Whether your setting is formal or informal, quiet or high-traffic, an
empty nest or a house full of kids, we have the right carpet style for you. We carry many popular carpets in stock and we can get anything quickly from
the major manufacturers. There are so many styles and types of carpet to choose
from we encourage you to visit our showroom where our experts can guide you
through every step of selecting the correct carpet.
- Nylon is a popular carpet material it is strong, can resist soil, and stay in its same shape for years. It is popular but it can produce static electricity.
- A synthetic material, polyester can resist stains. It resists moisture and is easy to clean off. It could clump up into piles if you don’t maintain it well enough.
- Cut Pile
- Comes in solid or multi-fleck colors. Traditionally this carpet is used in residential applications.
- A looped style of carpet that is a solid color.
- Looped Berber
- A looped style of carpet that range from small tight loops to large chunky loops. Often displayed in multiple colors.
- A cut pile carpet that is medium height they can range from a plush, velvety appearance (known as a straight Saxony) to a textured appearance.
Care & Maintenance of Carpet
It’s not hard to take care of carpet, there are just a few easy steps to
be aware of. Regularly following these steps will ensure that your carpet continues
to look as lovely in years to come as it does when you have it installed. You
will want to reference the manufacturor's warranty for specific care requirements.
- The most important step in caring for your carpet is vacuuming it thoroughly
and frequently, particularly in high-traffic areas.
- Protect your carpet from prolonged periods of direct sunlight with blinds,
shades, or awnings.
- If you use area rugs on your carpet, be sure to clean them regularly,
and make sure you clean and restore the pile of the carpet underneath as
well. Also, be sure to check area rugs for colorfastness before placing
them on carpet because the color in some rugs may bleed through. After cleaning
your carpet, allow it to dry completely before replacing rugs.
- Occasionally move heavy furniture, this won't just renew the feel of
your room, it will help avoid excessive pile crushing. Consider using carpet
protectors under the legs of tables, chairs, and other furniture to help
distribute the weight. Damage can occur if you use chairs or appliances
with rollers or casters without a chair pad designed specifically for carpet.
- Don't track dirt inside, Placing mats outside all entrances will help
absorb soil and moisture and trap excessive dirt, sand, grit, oil, asphalt,
or driveway sealer that might otherwise be tracked into the home.
- Get on a cleaning schedule, if carpet is cleaned before it becomes too
unsightly, the cleaning chore will be easier and more successful. Carpet
in a typical household should be cleaned every 12 months, depending on the
number of residents and amount of activity. Hot water extraction system
provides the best capability for cleaning. This system is commonly referred
to as "steam cleaning," although no steam is actually generated. Professional
carpet cleaners are a great choice for your floor. Their cleaning equipment
has more extraction power than the rental units available to individuals,
and the carpet should dry more quickly.